There are two health care providers serving Etowah County and Gadsden. Gadsden Regional Medical Center (346 beds) and Riverview Regional Medical Center (281 beds). Both Gadsden and Riverview Regional Medical centers offer outstanding services often found in larger metro areas.
Gadsden Regional Medical Center
Gadsden Regional Medical Center has been serving Etowah County and the surrounding area for 112 years. In 2008, two years after GRMC marked its 100th anniversary, the Centennial Tower was completed. The 60,000 sq. ft. area houses the hospital’s two medical and surgical intensive care labs. Gadsden Regional holds several notable awards, certifications, accreditations including:
- Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission
- Chest Pain with PCI Accreditation by the Society for Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- Orthopedic Certification for hip and knee surgery by the Joint Commission
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine certified sleep center.
Riverview Regional Medical Center
Riverview Regional Medical Center is proud to be one of Alabama’s leading providers in health care. Recognized for advanced technology, providing innovative treatments, staffing highly skilled physicians and employing a compassionate healthcare team, Riverview has become a facility of choice among residents of Etowah and surrounding counties.
Earning accreditations from the nation’s most prestigious healthcare agencies and consistently ranking high in patient satisfaction, Riverview offers a comprehensive range of services and programs including:
- Heart and Vascular Center
- Sleep Lap
- Endo Center
- Imaging Center
- Senior Heights Adult Behavioral Unit
- Cardi-Pulmonary Reconditioning